Do you want to see your writing on Financial Impulse? We’d love to publish other writers’ work, provided they follow our guidelines below.
Right now, we’re looking for debt stories—that is, firsthand accounts of how you’ve conquered your student loans, credit card debt, mortgage, or any other form of the debt monster. We welcome details of how you tackled your debt, or if you’re not quite there yet, how your progress is looking. The more specificity, the better!
- Your work should be 100% original and not already be published elsewhere.
- We will not accept posts with overly promotional and commercial content.
- Word Count:
- There’s no hard rule for word count, but we prefer pieces that have a minimum of 800 words.
- We don’t have a maximum, but anything over 2,000 words should have a good reason for length.
- In the end, we value quality over quantity.
- External links are okay, so long as they are relevant to your content, e.g., helpful resources. However, that said, no affiliate or paid links are allowed. We will use our discretion regarding whether or not to remove links.
- We love writing that is clear and easy to read. Here are some of our favorite website copywriting practices:
- Use line breaks to split up long paragraphs.
- Avoid unnecessary filler words and writing “fluff.”
- Use subheadings (H2s, H3s, etc.) to structure your content.
- If relevant, use bullet points and/or numbered lists to make your text more readable.
- Before submitting, ask yourself:
- Did I proofread and use spell check?
- Where necessary, did I cite any research and data sources?
- Along with your article, please submit a brief author bio. This can be at the end of the draft or in the body of your submission email.
- Submit your complete draft as a Google Doc to email@example.com. (No need to pitch first.) We’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible—thanks for your patience in the meantime!
- A final note: we reserve the right to edit or refuse any submitted post, but will be less likely to do so if you follow our guidelines above.